Vlog? What Vlog?!

It’s that time of year when I set my camera up at a wonky angle, share my cold-ridden, wheezing lungs with the world and say HAPPY HOLIDAYS! video-stylee.

This is my fourth – fifth? – Christmas video at Did You Make That. Anyway, I’m not yet done with public humiliation so … sit back and, um, enjoy?

This entry was posted in sewing and knitting, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Vlog? What Vlog?!

1. Pauline says:

I have really enjoyed reading about your sewing through the year – maybe one day I’ll be brave enough to make some clothes! Your dog is truly gorgeous!

Happy Christmas and New Year

2. Teresa Cammarano Walsh says:

I so enjoy all your posts – you keep it (the sewing world) real and accessible. I’m a once-a-month hobby sewer who would love to spend more time with my sewing machine, but I have to fit sewing around life. Your posts keep me connected and they often prompt me to clear the dining table once more and start my next project. So thank you! Happy Christmas Karen and all the best for 2017.

3. Sarah Vernon says:

So Sweet. I am following you along with interest… I too walked away from a successful career because I craved creativity and I honestly think it almost killed me. When you add to that the state of our union on this side of the pond, and the world in general, it has been a year of change and upheaval. Here’s to a happy holiday with friends and family (and of course pets) and continuing the adventure in 2017.
    Sarah @lakesmakerie, http://www.lakesmakerie,com

4. Helena says:

Really enjoy your posts Karen and always love seeing Ella. Happy Christmas and look forward to hearing more about your new venture and of course lots more sewing.

5. LinB says:

Merry, merry Christmas, and I certainly wish you and Ella — and the whole world — a much better New Year than we deserve.

6. kinoethermes says:

Love your holiday vlogs. Happy holidays!

7. Anne says:

Merry Christmas! One vlog I do enjoy is your festive one. Short and sweet as always.
    Here’s to a better year in 2017.

8. megan says:

MerryChristmas and Happy New Year to you and Ella, I think you look gorgeous too, great skirt.

9. Heather M says:

Merry Christmas Karen, many thanks for the blog this year as always. GREAT skirt.

10. Janet Hasselblad says:

Thank you for posting your video! Yes, 2016, with a few exceptions, sucked! But I’m hopeful for 2017, in spite of our recent elections in America. Thank you for your blog, I’m inspired by your sewing projects, and just how big IS your closet? Cheers! Happy Holidays!

11. I really loved your Christmas vlog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I find it really inspiring that you quit your job to explore more creative opportinities. I hope your dreams come true in 2017.

12. Philippa says:

I enjoyed your message. Merry Christmas to you both xx

13. Cindy says:

Merry Christmas! I agree that 2016 was a pretty rough year, and I can’t help but be pretty worried about our world in the next year. I hope the new year brings you peace and joy. I enjoyed your message of hope, and your little dog is beautiful.

14. With best wishes to you and Ella for a lovely Christmas and fingers crossed for a better 2017. Do hope all goes well with your career, and keep up the makes and the blogging – love reading about what you get up to!

15. Jen (NY) says:

2016 was a rough one here too. Thank you for being one of the positive highlights though! All the best for a better ’17!

16. jean says:

Just like Pauline, I really enjoy reading your blog and one day soon I will actually be brave enough to make an item of clothing with some of the fabric and patterns that I have accumulated!
    Merry Christmas.

17. Sule says:

Merry Christmas and happy new year and thanks for the video, nice to hear your lovely voice (completes your look). You think you may still have time to sew a tree skirt this year 🙂 Cheers.

18. Ann Watts says:

Only recently found your blog but enjoying reading it. Interesting to hear a little about you ….. and I love the clothes. Her is to. Successful and happy new year for your new life.aNd I’m going to go and explore Instagram now- have never used it

19. Lovely, a bit of humor (and we get to see some of your makes in action), sweet Ella, and positive thoughts about the coming year. A lot of us are dismayed with recent elections on both sides of the pond, but I’ll join you in hoping that 2017 is better. Thank you for sharing another year of marvelous sewing and Merry Christmas to you!

20. Charlotte Skinner says:

Merry Christmas! I personally would love to hear more about your experiences after your decision to leave your job. I have recently been made redundant and contemplating my next move- a more creative career would be fabulous but feel like as I do it as a serious hobby and no qualifications in it as such that it’s not something I can realistically pursue. Anyhoo, all the best with your endeavours and here’s to a positive, creative and peaceful new year!

21. Jen Mabey says:

Best wishes for 2017! I look forward to seeing your sewing projects and would love to hear more about your adventures since leaving the corporate world. Cheers!