Bad Making

christmas-tree-decorations

If your making can’t be a little bit pants at this time of year, I don’t know when it can. Each year, I relish placing my homemade sourdough decorations on the tree.

These decorations are as indestructible as cockroaches. Each warped piece of dough carries the felt tip initial of an attendee at my Christmas dinner a few years ago. The dinner when I forgot to put the turkey in the oven…

holly

This year’s wreath is a bunch of holly I cut from the back garden and strung together with twine. It makes me giggle every time I nearly take an eye out opening the front door. I just hope my postie isn’t of a litigious nature.

christmas-cake-2016

And my Christmas cake has a gothic vibe because there was black ribbon in the house and I couldn’t be arsed going out to buy anything more festive. (I secretly love my gothic Christmas cake. The Addams family would be proud of me.)

Of course, the key to the holidays is knowing when to stop. Turns out I’m not going to roast that ham or make a last present. I do still have to tidy the house, and that involves putting the sewing machine away. Maybe.

Love to you and yours and if you’re travelling – stay safe!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Bad Making

1. mumokio says:

LOVE IT !! Happy Christmas !

2. Ros says:

This year I made pipe cleaner Christmas tree decorations and I am loving their wonky wobbliness so much.

3. Susan Bowdler says:

Wobbly makes and home made looking is sort of the point at Christmas! My tree is weighed down with weird felt things the children made when they were little and the star is the one I made 41 years ago when pregnant (my excuse). Much nicer than the commercial stuff. Love the Gothic cake, so chic daahling….

4. Jo says:

Happy Christmas! Jo x

5. Put a bow on the sewing machine, and use it as decor?

6. megan says:

Merry Christmas. Thanks for a wonderful blog posting year. I do hope you and Ella have a wonderful Christmas and a safe and happy new year. I’ve put my machine away… I love the wreath of holly, but it is a nasty nasty tree! Hope the postie is safe. I have never cooked a turkey I guess they take quite a while to cook, what ever did you eat that Christmas or did you just eat very late?

7. Julie says:

And to you. I love reading your blog and making all those things in my head! X
    Happy Christmas 🎄

8. brendamarksstudio says:

Put the sewing machine away? That’s blasphemy! 🙂

9. Sam Chandler says:

It s not bad making it is artisan!
    Happy Christmas, looking forward to your posts next year, they always make me smile!

10. Allison says:

Isn’t that always the way? Our ideas always seem to be bigger and grander then our actual time! I ran into the very same!! Have a great holiday!

11. Jenny Bowman says:

Brilliant! Love it all and you’ve saved me from more panic by confirming its okay to be normal and not do everything before the big day, My house will be tidy but that last dessert may well come from M & S!! Have a great holiday and a productive 2017. X