What To Expect From The Handmade Fair, Hampton Court

Kirstie Allsop Handmade Fair 2017

The Handmade Fair at Hampton Court opened today and I popped along. Here are my Top Five Things To Expect.

Handmade Fair Prosecco Tent

1. To bump into friends. Even better, arrange to meet them at the prosecco tent.

queue handmade fair 2017

2. To join a queue at some point, and possibly several times. This place is busy!

red leather gloves

3. To come across some beautiful stalls selling gorgeous handmade items. These luxury leather and tweed gloves are from Gizelle Renee.

pottery andrew macdermott handmade fair

Pottery by Andrew Macdermott

Tilly Bob Bunny Handmade Fair 2017

I adored these Tilly Bob Bunnies.

4. To meet your favourite fabric and sewing pattern suppliers.

tilly and the buttons handmade fair 2017

fabrics galore handmade fair

dragonfly fabrics jersey

fabric godmother handmade fair

Above stalls from Tilly and the Buttons, Fabrics Galore, Dragonfly Fabrics and Fabric Godmother

5. Lots of classes and talks – consider booking in advance.

handmade fair timetable

This was my first time visiting, and I’ve gotta tell ya – I LOVED it. Just, you know, expect to spend some money.

There are two days left over 16 and 17 September. Are you planning to visit? There’s still time to book at ticket!

handmade fair 2017

14 Responses to What To Expect From The Handmade Fair, Hampton Court

1. Looks great but I am all fabric-ed out after Walthamstow. Those gloves are absolutely gorgeous. They would go with your coat. Xx

2. Victoria says:

I’m heading there on Sunday! I’ve been the last two years and always spend a fortune.

3. Helena says:

Looks great Karen, hope to go next year as taking daughter to Bristol to start Uni in the morning. Will be going to GBSB live on Thursday so hope to do some shopping! Love the gloves and pottery! 😊

4. Connie Turner says:

That pottery piece was stunning and don’t you just get overwhelmed by all the eye candy?

• didyoumakethat says:

Yes, I must confess I became totally overwhelmed. I’d happily have spent hundreds of pounds there (if I had the spare cash) but also found I couldn’t decide WHAT to treat myself to.

5. Janey Millar says:

Apologies for turning into a weird stalker and thanks for being nice enough to talk to me! I was a tiny bit star struck to be honest and lost the power to talk any sense! Great to meet you in person and I have signed up for the newsletter now too!!
    Janey

6. I wish I lived there!! Amazing to see everyone! Even Handmade Jane! You are so lucky to live around so many talented and wonderful people your self included. I would be star struck. I think your coat is much lovelier than the red gloves! I hope you find a treasure. Take more pictures!!

7. Lila Hester says:

Hmmmm I am envious, wish we had something like your markets, and this fair here in country Victoria Australia insert sad face.

8. Thank you for sending some envy to the rest of the world, haha! Now, seriously, the force of the trade in the UK is magnificent!!! I traveled to London in the 90s for the music, and now I travel there for the fabric!! Gorgeous pics!

9. Mari carmen Garcia Sanchez says:

Ohh ojala viviera yo allí!!! Gracias por mostrar, a las que nos gusta la costura nos encantan estos eventos. Ojala pudiera ir pero me queda lejos….pero si tengo el billete para la gran abeja de la costura y estoy feliz de poder ir!!!

10. Kathy Lynch says:

Ooooh, that looks like SO much fun! (Noticing everyone seems fairly rugged up. Chilly already??) Glad you had a happy time. 🙂

11. I loved the show this year, so much to see and do. Really enjoyed meeting people and designers I know online and discovering new lovely people, came home with some amazing fabric from Fabric Godmother and a new pattern and had a laugh leaning how to make a wallhanging.