Lockdown Luck – The K6434

Lockdown. It’s a pretty terrifying word. Nothing pretty, here.

Brain fuggy. Emotions stalled. Cuddles? Be careful, now. Creativity? You should be so lucky.

And yet, here I find myself sharing one of the prettiest makes in ages! This is the New Look K6434, sewn with tana lawn bought from Liberty of London when I was finally able to visit their store in person. Ella charmed everyone in sight. (Yes, Liberty is dog-friendly.)

The blouse does a good job of interpreting recent fashions for the statement sleeve, without being over the top.

A cotton top. What could possibly be more straightforward?

Well, we all know the answer to that, especially when I hadn’t sewn in ages.

I cut the top out two sizes too small, judging everything on my upper chest measurements.

I then had to let out every single seam and add an extra flat piping detail to the back centre seam – which I now think is totally super-cute.

I suspect I’ve made it too short, and have the hem allowance to let it down.

I could go on! But who has the brain energy these days? All we really want is a flash of inspiration. I hope I’ve brought it.

Most importantly of all … how ARE you?

PS As I took these photos, a passing toddler ordered, in the fashion of a true copyright diva, ‘Don’t take MY photo!’ Welcome to the 2021 world of social media. Well, we created it… 😉

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Lockdown Luck – The K6434

1. Claire C says:

Looks fantastic and the little adaptations make it unique💕

2. Sileen says:

I don’t think you should make it any longer – I keep making things long to cover my tummy and my flat but wide bum yet looking at photos a slightly shorter length is much more flattering. I’m not saying you have either of these problems but knowing how women think you may we’ll get considering it! I think this looks great on you and her length is cheeky and stylish!

3. Debby says:

Love this top and the trousers, what are the trousers?

4. sallyhenbest says:

That is a lovely top in an ace fabric!

5. Jan says:

Lovely!!!

6. Lynda Embleton says:

It’s lovely to see you back sewing Karen, the top is great. I’ve not sewn now in nearly a year, can’t make any decisions. Sick of it

7. Cherry says:

Good choice of pattern to match such a beautiful fabric and good to see how happy it makes you!

8. Celia says:

Beautiful fabric! And a lovely design. I’m pleased you’re sewing again. I’ve sewn more in the past year than the previous 20, mainly because my 90 yr old Mum in a care home needed tops she could get in and out of and wear comfortably with her swollen and stiff shoulders. It’s stretched my pattern adapting skills!

9. J says:

Lovely blouse! And tracking your sleeves through gravy! Can we see the adapted back seam? Glad to see you making again.

10. Suzanne says:

It’s lovely and well done for overcoming the initial cutting out error. I would probably have just dissolved into tears, especially since it’s Liberty!!